With Spotlights, you can push crucial training, announcements, resources and updates to your team in real-time, wherever they’re working.
In the context of role mastery, out of sight = out of mind is one of the greatest challenges to overcome. To truly master a role, you need a thorough understanding of the tools and processes you need to be successful today and what they become as they evolve tomorrow.
In the digital adoption and enablement space, we work with companies of all shapes, sizes and levels of technical expertise.
One of the top workplace distractions we hear is the feeling of being overwhelmed as a result of constant changes: Process optimizations, new tools, new products, adjusted messaging.
Training is crucial for these changes but above all, it’s the reinforcement of that training, where your team is working, that will solidify new information in the working memory and drive role mastery.
It’s for this reason that we designed the Floating Dock.
Think of “dock” as the tip of the iceberg for Spekit, and specifically for the Spekit Chrome Extension. It’s about increased visibility, prominence and recognition – in hopes of driving a habit loop where employees habitually click to access your organization’s real-time knowledge before submitting a support ticket or asking a co-worker for answers.
The content creators, subject matter experts and admins who use Spekit to distribute valuable and timely org insights know how important it is for everyone to be on the same page. With the pace of business quickening, they can’t rely on or expect employees to go out of their way to learn about changes. Many times, that valuable info isn’t seen or thought about unless it’s right in front of people.
Our product team relies heavily on a user-centered design process to make sure we build products that are easy to use and loved. A few of these principles that the dock plays to are:
- Findability – give me tools to access my information
- Position and prominence – grab attention without being distracting or annoying
- Usefulness and value – timely relevant alerts about business-critical changes
- Visibility control – allow me to hide, minimize, or move it
- Simplicity – does it make my life easier?
- Recognition over recall – seeing the Floating Dock reinforces checking on notifications vs. the effort needed to remember to check them
Many users are new to extensions – a core part of how Spekit works. For them, the Spekit Chrome Extension may be their first or only extension ever used.
By addressing the above principles and making it incredibly easy for anyone – familiar with extensions or not – to access a one-click gateway to the knowledge of their entire organization, the Floating Dock is just one more way Spekit makes continuous learning a habit for your team.
How does it work?
The Floating Dock reveals a visual cue that Spekit users can use to access the sidebar on all sites where Spekit is enabled that contains an indicator and link to notifications for easy access. It’s automatically enabled on Salesforce and within the Spekit app by default and features:
- Draggable, adjustable positioning
- Can be minimized removed or expanded globally by the end-user
- Can be adjusted on a per-company level on the Spekit backend
Use the Floating Dock to remind end-users they’re only one click away to knowledge and resources while working in key applications. Or, for new users, since Chrome has stopped showing all extensions in the top bar, this offers an easy way to discover Spekit – wherever you’re working.
With the Spekit for Slack integration – you can search, share and create knowledge without ever leaving the conversation you’re having in Slack.
Slack is where work happens. No matter where your team is working around the world – they communicate and collaborate in Slack.
But, learning and finding the resources to learn usually happens outside of Slack. You have to leave whatever you’re doing to dig through Google docs, Powerpoints or an LMS system to find answers to questions happening in Slack.
Accelerate your team’s employee productivity with training, sales enablement and process documentation that lives in the tools you and your team use every day.
Put simply, with the Spekit for Slack integration, learning happens where work happens.
Share, search and create knowledge with the Spekit for Slack integration
Connect Spekit to Slack to:
- Share knowledge and answer questions directly within Slack by accessing your entire knowledge base with a single command.
- Search the knowledge base to quickly reference processes, enablement resources, definitions and more.
- Create new training and documentation in seconds that can be easily referenced to eliminate repetitive questions.
- Boost the productivity of your team by making it incredibly easy to get questions answered and content created from anywhere.
How your team can use it
Sounds exciting but not sure how you’d use it? Here’s a few examples of how OUR team has already used the integration to get some ideas flowing:
1. It’s all too common to be in the middle of a Slack conversation and suddenly realize you can’t remember where to locate the word doc, PowerPoint, excel sheet, etc. that you want to reference.
For example, one question we see come up a lot in Slack is, “where can I find the latest sales deck?” Usually, we’d have to leave Slack, go into another tool and grab the link. With the Spekit for Slack integration, you simply go into Slack and type in your search keyword.
Just like that, you have the latest version of a sales resource right in front of you and you are good to go! Easy right?
Going forward, instead of messaging a co-worker or channel, you can simply ask Spekit in Slack.
Now your team has the information they need easily accessible for future reference and can quickly access it any time the question comes up again.
3. Then there is our favorite example; a team member has a question about a process in Salesforce and is unsure where to find the info they need. We know that Salesforce is always evolving so this can sometimes prove to be a challenge. Even if you find the answer, is it up to date? How do you know if there have been changes to Salesforce since the answer was documented?
Now, they can simply search Spekit from Slack and the most up-to-date process training will surface. For example:
“How do I find the right leads in an account?”
Instantly you have the answer and you know it is up to date. No more endless searching or slacking coworkers multiple times.
How does it work?
How does it work? Simply type (forward slash) / Spekit, followed by the question/keyword/document/etc you are searching for from your Spekit knowledge base and press enter just like you would if you were asking a coworker your question on Slack. Boom!
The answer pops up right in the channel. No more digging through power points, disparate systems or frustratedly searching through Google for what you need. Spekit for Slack is like your new favorite, “in-the-know” co-worker.
It doesn’t stop there either. See certain questions come up again and again but somehow the answer never seems to get documented? Right-click your answer in Slack to automatically document it for easy future reference. Now YOU are the rockstar helping to enable your entire team.
Want more information about Spekit?
Not familiar with Spekit? Click here to learn more about training your team from anywhere and sign up for free.
Pricing: There is no fee for Spekit’s Slack integration but you do need to sign up for a free Spekit account to access. Sign up for FREE here.
With the new Spekit for Salesforce Lightning Component, you can search the Spekit knowledge base on any browser, any device, from anywhere in the world.
With Teams, leverage your existing permissions in Salesforce to automatically generate teams in Spekit. Use these teams to easily personalize your content and communication.