This post will cover the best digital adoption platforms to help your team adapt to ever changing times.
Technology is always evolving.
It has become hard to keep up with the number of new tools and softwares that are launching daily.
As these tools become accessible to millions of people, the challenge becomes the learning curve — understanding how to use these tools is often more challenging than we anticipate.
More digital platforms mean that we continue to increase demand from our data, systems, processes, and users.
What is a Digital Adoption Platform (DAP)?
Digital Adoption Platforms (DAPs) are software designed to simplify the adoption of new technology. They also act as hubs for collecting, sorting, and sharing data such as learning materials and sales figures.
Digital Adoption Platform is a broad category that today encompasses two key distinct use cases:
- For digital adoption at the consumer level: If users can’t make their way through the customer journey and your product is not intuitive enough, you will quickly see high churn rates and suffering retention. You will want to guide users through the UI/UX of your application to help them accomplish key tasks. This solution is typically managed by Product teams.
- For digital adoption within organizations: If employees aren’t able to adopt new technology and continually find ways to streamline and simplify how they work with data, serious issues can unfold. This often includes missed revenue and employee turnover. You will want to implement digital adoption across your internal-facing tools (for employees) to help them navigate your systems and processes, surfacing key training and knowledge in the moment of need to help with onboarding, change management and drive productivity. This solution is typically managed by Learning or IT teams. A software that can help with this is Spekit.
Without the right software and processes, issues will start as soon as a new employee joins your organization, and the ripple effect will go through every department.
To back this up, according to IBM, only 21% of new hires stay at companies that do not offer smart training solutions.
While 42% of millennials say, they are likely to leave a job because they are not learning fast enough.
How can you turn those figures on their heads and improve employee retention? By adopting Digital Adoption Platforms (DAPs).
In this post, we’re taking a closer look at why DAPs are so crucial to businesses of all sizes, how you can utilize them to improve your workflow and ROIs, and 11 of the best digital adoption platform software to choose from.
Why are digital adoption platforms becoming so popular?
Digital Adoption Platforms (DAPs) are tools, software, and systems designed to simplify and streamline learning processes and other business structures.
Software that is overly complex or not the right fit for what an organization is trying to achieve can substantially negatively impact.
DAPs have risen in popularity in recent years as they have proven to be cost-effective solutions that reduce this impact.
Also referred to as “digital enablement solutions,” good DAPs automate manual or dated processes. They help teams become more productive, make onboarding and training simple, help managers track vital metrics, and much more.
How can Digital Adoption platforms help you?
If you fully integrate your workflows, employees, and even your customers with your DAP, it can help you with every aspect of your business.
Generally speaking; however, DAPs are used to help with three core areas as follows:
Onboarding and training
Organizations with a healthy onboarding process can improve new hire retention by up to 72% and boost productivity by over 70%.
Those figures speak volumes about how important it is that new hires are put through a smooth and informative onboarding process.
Digital Adoption Platforms enable you to assign individuals step-by-step guides or walkthroughs, taking them through all of your company procedures.
Analytics and insights
Analytics is one of – if not the – most important ways a business can get a real insight into how it’s performing.
With a DAP funneling information from several sources into one place and arranging it in an easy to use format, this is where this software pays for itself.
Depending on the nature of your business, you can track sales metrics, employee performance, how your website is performing, how individual pieces of content are being interacted with, and much more.
Identifying and improving ROIs within an organization is where the impact can be traced back to where it ultimately matters, the bottom line.
If your employees and/or customers know how to use your tools, then retention and satisfaction increases as well as ROIs.
With a good DAP, you can track any number of metrics that you have the data for. Giving you the insight to identify an ROI, and more importantly, set KPIs and targets to improve them.
11+ Best Digital Adoption Platforms
For digital adoption within organizations: Spekit is a digital adoption and micro-learning platform that helps teams learn and be more productive by making knowledge & resources accessible within the tools they already use.
It’s particularly useful for onboarding and training.
You can create a centralized database of all your learning materials, assign new hires access, and track how they’re getting on.
Built by sales ops professionals for growing & remote teams, Spekit blends the sophistication of a modern digital adoption platform with the simplicity of a contextual knowledge base for a lightweight yet powerful solution to continuous employee training.
Imagine all of your incredible employee training (previously housed across Google Docs, Powerpoints, spreadsheets and video courses) consolidated into a single platform. Then, see that training surface, contextually, directly within the tools your team is using, the moment they have questions.
It’s become the leading digital adoption platform for sharing knowledge management, onboarding, driving adoption and communicating process changes in real-time, across the organization.
- Train your team where they need it most, directly in the applications they use everyday.
- Easy to manage, set up and scale
- Accessible anywhere, even on mobile
- It offers out of the box CUSTOMIZABLE training content for FREE
- Integrates with Salesforce, the leading CRM solution
- Accessible in any web app and through a Chrome extension
- No coding or technical knowledge needed to set up
- Spekit Lite: $10/mo. This plan is ideal for small teams. Included is free training content, their Wiki knowledge base, Slack integration, and more.
- Spekit Pro: Custom pricing. This plan includes everything in Lite, along with Salesforce integration, unlimited content, premium onboarding, a dedicated success manager, and more.
For digital adoption at the consumer level: Pendo is a DAP and a product experience platform that helps product and software teams create, test, and gain valuable feedback on their products.
You can use Pendo to track things like; how many clicks a customer has to go through to find a product to optimize the purchasing cycle. Or, track how customers are interacting with products to identify areas to improve on.
The bottom line is that Pendo provides a powerful suite of tools enabling you to gather and analyze data, then use these insights to better optimize your workflow processes.
- Easily create walkthroughs and user guides to share internally and externally.
- Ability to pinpoint areas in workflows and products to improve via detailed analytics
- Clean and appealing UX, easy to use without any technical knowledge
- In-app messaging features are limited and could do with some improvisation
Pendo has three different pricing tiers designed to suit businesses of all sizes; Team, Pro, and Enterprise.
They operate on a quote only basis, though. You’ll have to contact a member of their team to work out which plan is best for you, and how much it’ll cost per month.
For digital adoption at the consumer level: Appcues makes it easy to create beautiful workflows, share your designs with the right users, both internal and external, define and set goals, and measure the effectiveness of your flows through detailed analytics and reporting features.
Thousands of large corporations, including the likes of OpenTable and IBM, use Appcues to deliver training and onboarding materials to their employees.
The real value of Appcues is how you can make each and every user feel special. You’re able to present team members, employees, and customers with an individual and personalized experience.
- Wide range of customizations and personalization features
- The UI is intuitive and straightforward to use, ideal for the less tech-savvy.
- Metrics are displayed with straightforward and easy to use images.
- Lacking support for mobile apps
You can test out Appcues for free if you contact a member of their support team. After a short trial, their paid plans are as follows:
- Essentials: $249/mo. This plan includes up to 3 seats, 3 branded themes, analytics, email support, and more.
- Growth: $879/mo. This plan includes up to 10 seats, advanced targeting and engagement patterns, a dedicated success manager, and more.
For digital adoption at the consumer level: UserIQ equips teams with intelligence, engagements, health, and strategies that can be summarized with detailed analytics and easily shared or analyzed.
Their intelligence tools allow you to gather customer insights. Their health checks enable you to identify any problems in your workflows, and their user engagement tools will allow you to produce surveys, tours, and communicate via messaging features.
This software gives you full control over what information your team members and customers are seeing as well as tracking how they’re interacting with the data or information, and the insights to help companies improve their processes.
- “ToolTips” feature gives quick insights into how certain elements are performing.
- Detailed analytics enable you to dig deep into the data.
- Can easily create walkthroughs to help train staff and onboard new hires
- Some coding and CSS knowledge is required to make the most of the features
UserIQ does not currently have any set monthly pricing plans. You will need to contact a member of their team to request a quote.
For digital adoption within organizations: Walkme is a digital adoption platform and acknowledgment management software that combines a suite of DAP tools with AI to help you guide your sales team, increase productivity, and gain better visibility across your platforms.
One of the critical features of Walkme is how it integrates with hundreds of other tools, most notably Salesforce. As one of the most advanced Salesforce adoption platforms, you can also adopt all of Salesforce’s features and processes.
This software is simple to implement and use. You’ll quickly find ways to improve your data integrity, save employee hours, improve communications, and, most importantly, save money.
- It’s easy to create walkthroughs and share them with your employees.
- The AI is knowledgeable and often makes actionable and useful suggestions.
- Smooth UI and simple integration of other tools create a fast onboarding process.
- Some of the builders and tools are difficult to navigate at times
- Basic Plan: Quotes on request only. This plan allows you 3 walkthroughs, up to 5 steps per walkthrough, 300 assists per month, and essential online support.
- Custom Plan: Quotes on request only. If you require more walkthroughs than are included in their Basic Plan, their team will work out a custom plan for you.
For digital adoption within organizations: Whatfix is a software with a suite of tools designed to “Empower your users to make the best use of your software applications.”
It does this by helping you elevate your user’s experiences though creating step-by-step guides, personalized journeys, and delivering training and onboarding support with ease.
Zero coding knowledge or experience using DAPs is required. The clean and straightforward UI is easy to navigate, and you can integrate your other tools and software to centralize all of your data.
- Easy to create personalized and engaging experiences
- Can create walkthroughs, guides, video, and other processes with no prior experience
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources with detailed analytical tools
- Some of the tools and interfaces are clunky to operate at times
Whatfix does not have any set monthly pricing plans. They build custom plans based on each customer’s requirements; you’ll have to contact them for a quote.
For digital adoption within organizations: Userlane is a DAP that emphasizes making software intuitive and straightforward to use. It does this by providing code free tools that enable you to create step-by-step interactive guides, provide on-demand virtual assistants, and easily share information and communicate with your employees.
The stand out tools are automated checklists and other options that enable you to create guided tours enabling smooth onboarding of new hires as well as personalizing customer journeys through your platform and leveraging analytics to improve ROIs.
If you’re looking to identify areas within your business where you can save employee time from onboarding to ongoing training and organization wide communications, Userlane is a DAP with all the tools to make this easy.
- Robust tools for creating automotive and effecting onboarding processes
- Powerful analytical tools to analyze data and make informed decisions
- Simple and easy to use out of the box, no technical knowledge required.
- Lacks the wide range of customizable options other DAP platforms have
Userlane says they work with such a diverse range of companies that custom pricing is the best way to serve their customers.
Therefore, you need to speak with a team member to work out a pricing structure that meets your requirements.
For digital adoption within organizations: Userguiding is a DAP and microlearning platform that provides a “no coding” solution to building interactive product tours, walkthroughs, and other onboarding and training materials to help out employees.
It couldn’t be simpler to get started. Just install the Chrome extension, set up an account, and you can begin recording steps and building guides to share with others.
Userguiding’s features extend to analytics, segmentation, NPS surveys, onboarding checklists, goal tracking, a wide range of customization options, and more.
They’ve positioned themselves as one of the most accessible platforms to use, although there may be limitations if you’re looking for advanced solutions.
- Incredibly simple to start creating walkthroughs and guides
- Goal tracking features make tracking engagement easy
- Wide range of customization graphics, gifs, formatting, etc
- Lacks some of the advanced solutions other software offers
- Start-Up Plan: $99/mo. This plan enables 2,000 monthly active users and a single team member. You also have access to their onboarding checklists, guides, and some other tools.
- Growth Plan: $299/mo. This plan enables 5,000 monthly active users and unlimited team members, along with some additional tools and features.
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing. If you exceed 5,000 monthly active users, you should reach out to a member of their team to work out a custom plan.
For digital adoption within organizations and at the consumer level: Apty is a DAP that makes any web-based application more comfortable to use for both you as a designer and creator, and end users, such as customers and team members.
The Apty platform takes you through four core steps to help you streamline your workflows and processes:
Tracking and analyzing – A powerful suite of tools to help you get a clear picture of how your employees are using your systems.
Insights – The ability to transform data into actionable insights that enable you to improve processes, and ultimately your ROI on employee time and monetary spend.
Guidance – Apty has a range of engagement tools that will make suggestions and highlight things you need to look at.
Automation – Apty uses intelligent AI and RPA to help you automate more of those repetitive tasks sucking up your time and ultimately improving you and your team’s productivity.
- Robust tracking and analytical features
- Intelligent AI helps identify problems and suggest solutions for you
- Easy to build and publish product tours for users
- No mobile compatibility at the time of publishing
Apty offers a free trial, so you can test their platform before committing a plan. They then offer two plans as follows:
- Free: $0/mo. This plan enables basic access to allow you to use the platform.
- Custom: $Quote. To unlock all of the features of Apty, contact a member of their team for a quote.
For digital adoption at the consumer level: Chameleon is a digital product adoption platform geared for product success. If you have a SaaS team, this software has all the features needed to build better user onboarding processes, features, and collect feedback.
This platform makes it easy to demonstrate products to new users. You can create personalized experiences and collect performance-related data to identify areas to improve on.
The editor is intuitive and easy to use. You can place tour steps with point-and-click selection, push product tours live instantly, and set triggers for specific actions.
- Integrates with Salesforce, the leading customer relationship management solution
- Accessible in any web app and through a Chrome extension
- Easy to set up and use with no coding or technical knowledge needed
- Lacking iOS compatibility (not a huge con, I’ll admit)
- STARTUP: For small companies to get started and save money $279/month
- GROWTH: For growing businesses to drive returns quickly from $6k/year
For digital adoption within organizations: MyGuide by EdCast is one of those digital adoption platforms that helps automate repetitive tasks, reduce the time employees are spending on tasks and is a proven and powerful way to improve ROIs organization-wide.
You can engage and educate your users by making step-by-step guides and other training materials. Then track how they’re receiving the information and streamline your workflows and processes.
It utilizes powerful cloud-based AI and chatbots to take labor-intensive tasks off your hands, so you can spend more time working on the areas of your business that make a difference.
The wide range of features, tools, and customizable options makes EdCast the go-to DAP of choice for thousands of businesses across the globe.
- It’s easy to create engaging walkthroughs and onboarding processes.
- Automation processes take repetitive tasks off your hands.
- Analytics and tracking tools make it easy to track engagement.
- The sheer volume of options makes it difficult to find what you’re looking for at times
Bespoke pricing and plans are available upon request.
In conclusion, whether you have one user or thousands, without putting robust procedures in place for onboarding, training, communicating with your users, and tracking what’s working – you’re burning money.
There’s no excuse for not adopting one of these digital adoption platforms and streamlining your business. Most of the platforms we covered above either offer free trials or scale-up their pricing based on your organization’s size. Learn more about the #1 digital adoption tool, Spekit.
The important thing is that you implement this digital adoption software sooner rather than later. The sooner you start utilizing the tools DAPs offer, the sooner you’ll reduce churn, increase employee satisfaction, and improve ROIs across your business.